Christmas was amazing! We all had so much fun having Miss Maci around for all the festivities. She also brought a wonderful spirit with her, that made me especially grateful this year :)
January was pretty uneventful. Not too much really happened. Mike had to work New Years Eve so we just celebrated on our own.
In February Mike and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! It seems crazy we have been married that long. Our love has continued to grow stronger and stronger and we are so lucky to have each other and our beautiful baby. We are truly blessed :) The night of our anniversary I attempted to make our wedding luncheon menu for dinner. I made chicken cordon bleu, au gratin potatoes, and salad. It took me FOREVER to make, but I think it turned out pretty good. That night, me being the dummy that I am, I forgot to put the potatoes in the fridge and left them out all night. With all the dairy in them, they were ruined and I had to throw them away! It was horrible cause there was more than half the pan left and all my hard work literally went in the garbage. For Valentines Day we decided to go out to dinner so that tragedy would be avoided :) I got Miss Bubbles a little pink and white sock monkey. Mike thinks it's hideous and looks like Barack Obama :)
March I got a new job at Davis Hospital. I will be nursing on the Medical floor about 6 shifts a month. It's not many hours but that is just what I wanted. Enough hours to keep my license and just a little bit of time out of the house :)
As for Maci, she has been an absolute JOY!!! I can't believe she will be 5 months next week! She is growing like a weed. Here are a few little fun facts about how she's doing.
- She continues to be very alert and active when she is awake. She is a constant wiggle!
- She had her ears pierced a week after Christmas. She did awesome! She only cried for about 10 seconds and I think it was just cause I was holding her head. The minute I let go, she was back to laughing at her daddy. :)
- She loves playing with her "bugs" These little jingly toys that I can hang from just about anything. She loves to swat at them.
- She loves to scream! She'll just scream at the top of her lungs in a fit of joy! :) She'll play a little game that if you scream at her she'll scream back longer and louder :)
- She likes to suck on her first and second fingers. I don't mind this at all cause if she wakes up at night she'll just use those instead of her binky.
- She still spits up ALL the time. She often goes through 2 or 3 outfits a day. She's a happy spitter though. Doesn't seem to bother her too much. The Zantac must really help!
- She was in the 40th percentile for her weight and 70th for her height at her 4 month appointment.
- She is starting to roll from her back to her side. She is trying so hard to get to her belly.
- She has discovered her feet and will often try to eat her toes.
- Laughs and smiles all the time! Her daddy can get her laughing like no one can!
- She eats rice cereal now. She will say "Mmmm" the entire time you feed her :)
- She sleeps through the night! Goes to bed at 8 and will wake up between 7:30 and 8 in the morning. :)
- She talks herself to sleep. She will coo to herself for a good 15 minutes after you lay her down. Mike and I have snuck in there to listen a few times. You have to crawl out of the room though cause if she sees you leave, she'll start to cry.
- Hates being by herself. She's just fine to do her own thing as long as she knows someone is in the room with her.
- Her new favorite noise is farting sounds. She's doing it right now as I type :)
- She loves to be outside and loves to watch daddy's e maxx.
I'm sure this list seems long, but I just love watching how much she grows and changes everyday. It also makes me kind of sad! She is an absolute joy and we love her so much!
These pictures start with Christmas and go to today ;)
These pictures start with Christmas and go to today ;)
I didn't get any pictures of Christmas cause the camera wasn't working but Mike took a couple of pictures of my brothers toad and bearded dragon wearing their Christmas hat.
The day after she had her ears pierced
She still loves her binky
I love the look on her face!
My mom made her this cute beanie and set of leg warmers :)
This picture was taken on Valentines Day
Hi!
I love this dinosaur hair clip :)
My girl!
Taking a nap in mom and dads bed.
......and with her elephant
Hanging out with dad in her jammies
My big girl!
She's getting so BIG and so freaking CUTE!!!! Congrats on the job too, that's exciting :)
ReplyDelete